Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! This is my favorite time of the year! Spring is the most beautiful season where I live in Texas, although it is usually relatively short-lived! I love the mild temperatures right now and how green everything is! All of the trees and flowers are blooming and I've been on the look-out for the first bluebonnets - the Texas State Flower! I will be sure to post photos when I spot them this year!

We will go to my mom's for Easter lunch today. My mom loves to tell the story about the day I was born, as I was born on Easter Sunday. She says that she hated not being home for Easter, as she missed getting to eat her mom's homemade potato salad! I guess Easter dinner in the hospital just isn't the same. She tells me she briefly thought about naming me 'Bunny'. I'm so glad she didn't...! Since the date of Easter changes each year, my birthday has only fallen on Easter one time - on my 11th birthday.

I have lots of fun memories of Easter celebrations past and hope you and your families create some wonderful memories of your own today, on this most blessed and holy day, celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Have a wonderful day!

Cindy


The view from my front door - love how green everything is turning! 

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Welcome to the blog world! I love your artwork, so can't wait to see what you create. I also love that you live in the country and seeing your front door view. Reminds me of my childhood and makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...